SPEFL-SC is a not-for-profit organization formed by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The council has been promoted by National Skill Development Corporation & Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
The SPEFL-SC fills the gap between the skill ecosystem and industrial demand. SPEFL-SC plays a crucial role in bringing together all the stakeholders, including industry, labour, and academia, to ensure that the industry is equipped with a skilled and effective workforce.
To train and certify 4.1 million people/trainees under Skill India Mission.
- Garner support of the stakeholders towards the formation & operations of SSC
- Build a catalogue of skills in the SPEFL
- Gather, sort and document Labour Market Intelligence of Employability Skills
- Build competency frameworks of occupational standards and curriculum guidelines
- Train the trainers and exposure to global standards
- Accredit and build a network of Institutions and training providers in priority skills
- Create an ecosystem where job seekers and job providers are brought together to provide employment in the sector
- Build a sustainable organization through continuous innovation